5.04.2013

Famous Diabetic Fridays (1 day late)


Sorry for the delay. I completly forgot to post this yesterday. I get out of school and my mind goes blank. Not that I am complaining.

Today's famous diabetic is one who is known for her book Interview with a Vampire. I am honored to share a disease with such a talented woman.


Anne Rice

Famous for her gothic tales of immortal bloodsuckers, best-selling novelist and noted creepy doll collector Anne Rice, 70, has a bit of a blood (sugar) issue herself: The Queen of Darkness is a Type 1 diabetic and nearly died from the disease in December 1998 when she fell into a sudden diabetic coma after months of experiencing digestive problems, unexplained weight loss and trouble concentrating. She told “Good Morning America” in 2004: “They ran the tests and they got a blood-sugar [level] of 800, which is pretty much I think fatal. What they told me later was that I was in a coma, and of course death would have followed in about five to 10, maybe 15 minutes.” The same year that she was diagnosed with diabetes, Rice stunned her devoted fan base and the media when she (re)joined the Catholic Church and began working on Christian-themed works after decades spent as a devout atheist who penned erotica and vampire novels. In 2010, Rice, who also nearly died in 2004 from complications from gastric bypass surgery, renounced Christianity.

Have a great Saturday every one!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments always welcome.