5.13.2013

2013 diabetes blog week.



Being new to the diabetic blog world I did not know something like this existed. It is exciting to have topics to share and be able to participate with other diabetic bloggers.


The first topic Share and don't share is about things we wish our doctors knew about us... "Often our health care team only sees us for about 15 minutes several times a year, and they might not have a sense of what our lives are really like. Today, let’s pretend our medical team is reading our blogs. What do you wish they could see about your and/or your loved one's daily life with diabetes? On the other hand, what do you hope they don't see?  (Thanks to Melissa Lee of Sweetly Voiced for this topic suggestion.)"

I was blessed with an amazing Endo who seems to remember our conversations and he seems to gave a general idea of my life. However, I feel that he only see's the bad in my blood sugars and I wish he could really see how hard I try (most days) to keep everything under control. However on the other side of that, I would hate for him to see how bad it really gets sometimes. I know he can see the numbers on a piece of paper but he doesn't see the 6 doughnuts that made it the awful number. Sometimes (especially during a low) I cannot control myself and this is something I don't feel anyone should see. 

pretty much.

Honestly there is probably more that I don't want my doctor to know right now than I want him to. I am in the process of making some changes but until then there are things that I will keep to myself on my visits. I used to be very meticulous with my sugars and checking, but as time has gone on I have slacked off a bit (I am sure that is normal). But I plan to get it together so that if/when he asks me things I won't have to lie.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments always welcome.