4.26.2013

Famous Diabetic Fridays

I am sorry I missed last week! I have been super busy with finishing this semester of nursing school.

This week is a woman close to my heart. She is beautiful and like be diagnosed with diabetes later in life!

Introducing the fabulous Mary Tyler Moore.
I think this picture is adorable!

Now in her 70s, actress Mary Tyler Moore has always used her fame to help raise funds and awareness for diabetes. Best known for her roles in The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Dick Van Dyke Show, she was diagnosed at age 33 with type 1 diabetes. Since then, she's become the international chairwoman of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. In early 2009, Moore released a new book called Growing Up Again, which shares her story of life with diabetes.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments always welcome.