4.01.2013

Medicine Cabinet.

This is my medicine cabinet.....
(Got all the containers/lazy susan at Walmart, the basket at the top is from the dollar store. This helps me keep things separated and prganized)

Probably looks similar to yours minus all the diabetic supplies (well that is unless you or someone in your family is diabetic). For most people a medicine cabinet is something you go into every once in a while to get a band-aid or some ibuprofen.. For me this is a place I go just about every day for glucose tablets (which are  in about every room of my house), batteries for my pump/blood sugar monitor, pump supplies and testing strips, along with the band-aids and ibuprofen. If I need insulin I go to the fridge....
yes.. I keep my insulin in the butter section of the fridge!

I spent a good amount of time organizing the medicine cabinet just to have to re-do it every time I get a new shipment of pump supplies or prescriptions.

The reason I took the time to introduce you to my medicine cabinet/insulin storage is because a lot of people don't realize how many supplies are involved to manage this disease. Most people only see the insulin and blood sugar monitor, but there is a lot of other equipment involved with diabetes. It is something I constantly have to think about, when I go out of town.. I have an extra bag full of diabetic supplies. This is just another part of my life that you have been introduced to, your welcome. :)

Man.. I need to think of something more interesting to write about haha.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I have a whole bathroom cabinet dedicated to diabetes bits and pieces. I feel your pain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I am going to have to expand my cabinet at some point! :)

      Delete
  2. Yep...its in the butter dish! Thats where I keep my son's insulin too! I have to get the "D" cubbord more organized like yours. I think a Walmart trip is due!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blast getting the bins! The problem was I had so many in my buggy I had to put some back. I think I have an organization problem meaning I am obsessed with buying bins... I need more stuff to put in them! And I am convinced the butter dish was made for insulin! It fits so perfectly!

      Delete

comments always welcome.